We are fortuntate to have our own training and competitition facilities. The Lair Courts in Renton, and opening in December, the Auburn Fieldhouse. We know where and when our teams will be practicing for the entire season, and we host many of the power league dates and tournaments that our teams compete in. For complete information on each of our facilities, please click on the links below.
Kraken will host a couple of open houses leading up to our club team tryotus. All age group families are welcome to attend and check out our club. We will have many of our coaches in attendance, with a focus on the younger age group teams at the first open house. We will also have free open gym during this time for the athletes to get some play in.
Tryout Dates & Times
Please visit our Tryouts page for complete information. We are hosting all of our tryouts at The Lair Courts as the Auburn Fieldhouse is not yet open.
Team Practices Begin
November 12 - U10, 12s, 13s & 14s
December 3 - 15s, 16s, 17s & 18s
Team Competition Schedules
All Kraken teams will compete on average in 2-3 tournaments per month. All full season teams will compete in the Puget Sound Region Girl's Power League, with 5 play dates (4 for U12). Many teams will compete over the MLK and President's day weekend, and the Pacific Northwest Qualifier in Spokane. We hope to qualify teams for the USA Volleyball Girls Junior National Championships, 18s held May 1-3 in Reno, and 12s-17s held in Dallas June 25-July 4.
The complete competition team competition schedule will be posted prior to tryouts.
Club Team Tuition Info
Details regarding our 2019-20 Season Tuition Costs and Payment Schedule for each age group will be posted below when announced. Signing & Uniform payments are due with completed player commitment letter upon offer acceptance.
- Twice weekly practices / training average of 1.5 to 2.5 hours per night
- Weekly Skills Training
- Strength and Conditioning (14s-18s)
- 2-3 tournaments per month on average
- 2-3 Adidas Jerseys & 1 Adidas Spandex, 1 L/S & 2 S/S Training Shirts
- Adidas Jacket & Pants, Adidas Backback & Adidas Shoes, 2 Pairs Kraken custom Strideline Socks
- Head & Assistant Coach & Staff Stipends
- Coaching Education
- Training Technology Equipment
- Facility, Equipment Costs & Insurance
- Tournament Entry Fees (Regular Season)
- Kraken Recruiting Seminar
- Discounted Kraken Clinics & Camps
Tuition Does Not Include
- Athlete's USA Volleyball Membership
- Athlete's Travel Costs
- Additional tournaments costs elected by team including: post season entry fees & coach travel costs
- Training Costs for Post Season
- Player's Equipment
- Extra Kraken Gear: Kraken socks, Kraken Spandex, hoodies, sweatpants, Kraken leggings, etc.
- Player Recruiting Video Services
Team Elected Tournaments & Travel
Teams may elect to attend additional destination competitions outside of the Pacific Northwest. Quoted costs are for those tournaments and cover team entry fees, coaches and chaperone airfare, coaches food stipends, coaches accommodations and coach ground transportation. Costs are based on 12 athletes and a sliding scale. Athlete's travel, accommodations and meal expenses are not included. Travel Payment payment plans will be setup for each tournament. Please see our Travel Page for complete details on travel policies.
Kraken VC makes every effort to keep the costs of our programs low through various fundraising efforts. Club Fundraisers help offset our operating costs, and we expect participation from all of our families. We have many individual fundraisers offered with results applied directly to athlete accounts. These funds can be used towards monthly dues, travel expenses and Krakan Gear. Kraken does not offer financial aid or scholarships, but we do offer many individual fundraising programs that help offset the costs of club. It is up to the athlete and family on the individual participation level of these fundraising programs. We have had several athletes pay their entire season tuition and travel costs with these programs.
Examples of Club and Individual Fundraisers are:
- Kraken serve-a-thon & pass-a-thon
- Brown Bear Car Wash Ticket Sales
- Krispy Kreme Donut Sales
- Kraken VC Apparel Fundraiser
- Cookie Dough Fundraiser
- Hosted adult & junior volleyball tournaments
- Facilities shifts during hosted tournaments
Visit the Fundraising section for more information of things in the works.